[POLIT] Re: Protect your own

From: MPfeifer (mek@antenna.nl)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 19:25:13 CEST

hi raven and others,

well, since this list has been politicized lately, another comment here.

> The first thign i have agreed with that our president has said is that this
> is an act of war. All our country has ever done to those people was to try
> and keep them from killing each other. Maybe things would be best if America

this is a very interesting posting. which shocks me quite a lot but shows a bit
the view on the world of US-citicens.

don't understand me wrong, i don't choose side for the attackers, i really
condamn this action and in general what islamic extremists do. but you shouldn't
say that US is helping people out when they kill each other. the main reason for
the US is because they have interests in the different countries.
in vietnam it was because they didn't want commies there, in kuweit it was the
oil, in israel it was because the busines in US was ruled by jewish people (no i
am not antisemite or racist or fascist) and above that they wanted control in
the heart of the islam.
it's strategy, and not charity.
maybe the only US action which was charitative was what happened in
serbia/kosovo two years ago, but noone of the europan countries wanted a war
there, while the US took THEIR values about a better world and demonstrated
their dominance on worldpolitics and power with bombs.

you know raven, this is the reason why people don't like the US. it's because
THEY think THEY rule the world, and that everyone should think like THEY do.

let's just hope bush is keeping his head calm and won't attack anything outside
their own borders, otherwise the attackers really get what they want: war.

best regards

mek