Re: [POLIT] Re: Protect your own

From: ZooT aLLures (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 20:24:45 CEST

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Alf,
Although I'm not in ANY manner downplaying terrorism of any sort,
I ask, can the terrorism commited by extremeist factions even begin to hold a candle to the estimated 100 million murdered by the then mainstream governments of various nations by "legal means" in this century alone.

Surely the estimated 20 million rounded up and exterminated by Stalin, or the estimated 12 million rounded by the nazis were also innocents,
not to mention Cambodia, China, or any one of the numerous other nations that decided that merely "disposing" of resistance was acceptable, and therefore desirable.

Governments worldwide must make individual decisions whether or not murder is a viable manner in which to combat political dissent, if in fact they are to expect people to behave in a similiar manner.
Governments do not lead people, governments only rule, People lead people, and all are to be held accountable for their actions, some day in some way, and if not before people, then before their creator.

Yes, I am American, and yes I do want to see those responsible brought to justice, but we "the shining beacon of liberty" should set a worldwide example and not resort to the killing of innocents ourselves to fulfill our need for vengence.