Re: [mu SETUP] weird problem's..I am 99% there!

From: Shannon Mecklenburg (shannon@mecklenburg.cc)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 04:52:47 CET

At 05:55 PM 12/4/01 +0100, Michele Andreoli wrote:
>On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 01:17:58PM +0000, Lee Hughes nicely wrote:
>
> > perhaps it time for
> > a wireless extension disk for mulinux... (check www.consume.net).
>
>With the ancestral 2.0.36 kernel?? Mmmm ... a such kernel can do
>wireless work only using the thought power. As alternative, if you
>have a digital oscilloscope and a sensible probe attached to it, you
>can try to communicate wireless using electromagnetic radiation
>generated by the kernel circuitery :-)))

Ha! I am having a wonderful time trying to get the new busybox version
0.60 stuff to work! I managed to break MuLinux with it! I got to fix! :)

> > final question is, now I have a large HD (512mb) which I want to
> install in
> > the
> > machine,
>
>512M does is a large disk? Oh, this is only 2min of an AVI video clip!

512MB hard drive is worth $4 in the US.

> > just one more thing, mulinux rocks the party! :-)..
> >

>"rocks the party"? Mmm, literal translation doesn't help me with this
>sentence. What's the party? Whats the rock?

Haha! Its slang. I don't know how to explain it but to say that he is
complimenting Mulinux and is saying that its a great product. Rock is an
adjective which describes motion. A party is a gathering. I guess when
you think about it it really is extremely hard to literally translate this
into Italian. In the US if someone does a good job you say "You
Rock". If someone is causing trouble in a company who is having financial
difficulty you say that this person is "Rocking the Boat". If you rock a
boat hard enough it'll flip over and sink.