Termcap and lilo

From: Jan Leverén (janlev@telia.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 15:50:49 CEST

Hi,

I've ran into a couple of small nags here, I'm shure you could help me with.

First, a run mu (v12r0) on an 486 with black&white screen and I want to use mc. But when i try, the whole screen turns white, and i can only see the text under the cursor. So I tried to change the TERM to "linux-m", and then I can read everything allright, but the function-keys and the arrow-keys stopped working.

Is there any termcap-entry just like "linux", but without color?
(The screen can handle graphics, and I can run x-windows without any trouble.)

Second, I have installed mu to an ext2-partition and boot it with lilo. But I also have windows on the same computer, and want to access it from time to time. I tried to copy the lilo.conf mu used to write lilo to my harddrive and added the lines:

image=/dev/hda1
label=win
root=/dev/hda1

wich didn't do the trick, what have I missed here?

// Gr, Janne.