Re: Termcap and lilo

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 23:17:24 CEST

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 03:50:49PM +0200, Jan Leverén nicely wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've ran into a couple of small nags here, I'm shure you could help me with.
>
> First, a run mu (v12r0) on an 486 with black&white screen and I want to use mc. But when i try, the whole screen turns white, and i can only see the text under the cursor. So I tried to change the TERM to "linux-m", and then I can read everything allright, but the function-keys and the arrow-keys stopped working.
>
> Is there any termcap-entry just like "linux", but without color?
> (The screen can handle graphics, and I can run x-windows without any trouble.)

If you has access to another linux, you can put your own terminfo. I do not
know what is the best for you.

> Second, I have installed mu to an ext2-partition and boot it with lilo. But I also have windows on the same computer, and want to access it from time to time. I tried to copy the lilo.conf mu used to write lilo to my harddrive and added the lines:
>
> image=/dev/hda1
> label=win
> root=/dev/hda1
>
> wich didn't do the trick, what have I missed here?

May this will work:

other=/dev/hda1
label=win
table=/dev/hda

Indeed: image= specify the kernel (and /dev/hda1 isn't a kernel) and
root= specify the linux's root filesystem ( and /dev/hda1 isn't root fs).

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous