Re: Termcap and lilo

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 21:05:08 CEST

> Second, I have installed mu to an ext2-partition and boot it with lilo. But I also have windows on the same computer, and want to access it from time to time. I tried to copy the lilo.conf mu used to write lilo to my harddrive and added the lines:
>
> image=/dev/hda1
> label=win
> root=/dev/hda1
>
> wich didn't do the trick, what have I missed here?

If I remember corectly mu installs lilo to hda1 (boot sector of first
partition of first hd) by default so that win entry would only reload
the lilo... So you should install lilo to /dev/hda but you would now
need to make a new boot record for the windows (You can do this
by booting with a windows rescue floppy and typing "sys c:" and
"fidsk /MBR" thoise commands will probably kill the lilo, so it is a
good idea to have loadlin or boot floppy for mu before doing this.

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430