486 - 4 MB

From: Hakapeszi Maki (hakapeszi@dpg.hu)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 19:04:58 CEST

        Hi!

        I've installed MuLINUX 12.0 on the HDD of a laptop with a 486 and 4 MB RAM (Compaq Contura 4/25). It works well, but of course it is very slow. I tried to help it with using just 3 consoles, bigger (32 MB) swap and minimal addons (X11 and TEX, which I need), but it couldn't help much. Do anybody have more ideas?
        My other problem is, that at booting I have to wait long minutes for setup. Of course I have to see a lot of Setting up ...: unwanted /skiped. What can I do, if I want MuLinux not to look for these components at booting? (I know that the most of them I will need never on that machine.)

        Thank You for Your help!

--
                                                               Hakapeszi
Jobb a sörhas, mint a pizzahát!