Re: 486 - 4 MB

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 18:35:10 CEST

> Hi!
>
> I've installed MuLINUX 12.0 on the HDD of a laptop with a 486 and 4 MB RAM (Compaq Contura 4/25). It works well, but of course it is very slow. I tried to help it with using just 3 consoles, bigger (32 MB) swap and minimal addons (X11 and TEX, which I need), but it couldn't help much. Do
anybody have more ideas?
> My other problem is, that at booting I have to wait long minutes for setup. Of course I have to see a lot of Setting up ...: unwanted /skiped. What can I do, if I want MuLinux not to look for these components at booting? (I know that the most of them I will need never on that machine.)

If I remember right (been a while since I used mu) but there should
be files at /setup named "modules" and "all" or something like that
wich contain the names of all modules in mu that the setup will try
to start, remove the names of the modules that you won't need and
then the setup won't try to launch them. Did this on my thinkpad
360e (486, 8 mb ram)

Registered Linux user number 189403
Registered Linux machines 83873 & 83874

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430