Bug in isp setup

From: Alex Zeimet (lzeimet@gmx.net)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 10:24:52 CEST

Hello,

I've found a bug in the isp setup for going in internet trough ppp.
I ever wondered why the modem alwasy disconnected after a few
seconds when I would connect to internet, even I put the login name
and the password. But on dialing to another provider with guest
login, the connection works succesfully.
Then I looked the settings in the /etc/ppp/chat-ppp0. Ther was no
entry for login and password. After added the settings

ogin <name>
word <password>

manually, I could successfully connect to internet.

I still use mulinux 11r2, the stable version, so I don't know if
someone else had resolved the problem before or it's still present
in version 12.0

--
Written with mutt 1.2.5 under Debian/GNU Linux 2.2r3 .... :-)
Greetings    Alex		Registered Linux User #169741