Re: 486 - 4 MB

From: Joshua Hudson (joshudson@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 18:36:39 CEST

From: Hakapeszi Maki <hakapeszi@dpg.hu>

> Hi!
>
> My other problem is, that at booting I have to wait
>long minutes for setup. Of course I have to see a lot of
>Setting up ...: unwanted /skiped. What can I do, if I want
>MuLinux >not to look for these components at booting? (I
>know that the most of them I will need never on that machine.)
>
> Thank You for Your help!

When operating off a hard drive, it is possible to boot muLinux
without touching setup at all, if you can understand /etc/inittab.

Probably add something like this:

id:2:initdefault:

sync:2:once:/bin/update
rc2:2:once:/etc/rc/rc.2

tty1:245:respawn:agetty ...
tty2:245:respawn:agetty ...
tty3:245:respawn:agetty ...

/etc/rc/rc.2 loads any kernel modules and starts any
network services you may need. Your configuration
will be maintained from the last time you ran setup.
No reason to setup -s lock.
It should not contain the line "startx". That belongs
in /etc/inittab, after the gettys, if desired.