Re: strange ./mu problem

From: Dumas Patrice (dumas@centre-cired.fr)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 15:48:20 CET

Michele Andreoli a écrit :

> You are using the libc5 command "fdformat", but your system doesn't
> support libc5. You have some change unpacking "mu -u".

I did it allready. But the problem wasn't there. It was a dynamic loader
problem. Once I installed ld.so and ld-linux.so.1 on my system it went fine,
even without libc5. (only a supposition: I think that ld.so isn't needed as
it is tha a.out loader, all binaries are elf in mu).

> But it is better if you install bzip2 and fdformat in your main
> system.

It was allready installed and the solutions other proposed worked fine.

> Unfortunately, recent Linux distros comes without "fdformat",
> strangely deprecated in favor of "superformat".
>
> I will try to do more smart the "mu" script, with some useful
> autodetection

with fdformat statically linked, the only problem comes from bzip2 which is
used to rebuild mu or the add-ons. Maybe you could add a detection of bzip2,
and revert to it if the one provided doesn't work.

does someone know a way to workaround the library loader problem ? That is,
how to use a library loader that isn't located in a known directory ?? Maybe
it isn't possible, as a
$strings executable
always have /lib/ld-linux.so.x in first place or so.

Oh, I've got a solution: Michele, you provide a statically linked ld with mu
and fdformat.o instead of fdformat. And you run prior to mu usage
ld -o fdformat --dynamic-linker `pwd`/tree/lib/ld-linux.so.1 fdformat.o
Maybe it should work... ;-)

Pat