Re: IBM ThinkPad 360 - MuLinux: FINAL (I hope)!!!!

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 11:14:09 CET

> > In setup sy yes to setup/port for p/s2 aux support, in setup/mouse
> > say that your mouse is in /dev/psaux with p/s2 protocol, works fine
> > with me, gpm works and also the X works, I have had no problems
> > with the trackpoint, just remember that it is just a simple P/S2
> > mouse...
>
> Now I've passed this problem with a serial mouse (that I can't use with
> Console file managers....), but I'll retry....

Just issue "setup -f all" and go trought the setup (it takes ages, but
someone has to do it ;)
in "port" part of the setup make the following answers:

ennable serial printer mouse port support ? YES!!

when the setup asks about mouse port, say /dev/psaux
after that the setup asks for mouse protocol, say PS/2

when it asks about GPM say yes, for mouse protocol say ps2

after the setup progress has finnished say "setup -s" so you donät
have to do that again...

> > In my thinkpad I have removed the setup commands from the boot
> > sequence, as this speeds things up a great deal so i have only
> > "insmod psaux"
> > and
> > "gpm -m/dev/psaux -tps2 -r10"
>
> How can I do that?
> And how do you setup Xfree? I tried with suggested options (I've no specs
> for Thinkpad since I got it "second hand" without docs...) but it doesn't
> work....

Same for me, no documentation, execpt for the docking station... (I
haven't even got a working AC adapter, have to charce my batteries
with that docking station :( )

If you want I can send you my modified initation files, wich should
be fine, as you have the same machine as me..

for general as I don't know so much about linux, I looked trought
the /setup/fun files and what they will do, then replaced the "setup -
something" commands with thoise found in *.fun files and my
thinkpad now boots much faster.
Registered Linux user number 189403
Registered Linux machines 83873 & 83874

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430