Re: IBM ThinkPad 360 - MuLinux: FINAL (I hope)!!!!

From: keenux@tin.it
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 10:44:44 CET

> In setup sy yes to setup/port for p/s2 aux support, in setup/mouse
> say that your mouse is in /dev/psaux with p/s2 protocol, works fine
> with me, gpm works and also the X works, I have had no problems
> with the trackpoint, just remember that it is just a simple P/S2
> mouse...

Now I've passed this problem with a serial mouse (that I can't use with
Console file managers....), but I'll retry....

> In my thinkpad I have removed the setup commands from the boot
> sequence, as this speeds things up a great deal so i have only
> "insmod psaux"
> and
> "gpm -m/dev/psaux -tps2 -r10"

How can I do that?
And how do you setup Xfree? I tried with suggested options (I've no specs
for Thinkpad since I got it "second hand" without docs...) but it doesn't
work....

> thoise are the only lines on my laptops boot sequence dealing with
> mouse. but if you decide to use them, you still should go trought
> the setup once, as other mu scripts depend on the data gathered
> from there.
>

> > Thank you so much once more
>
> You are welcome.
 Thak you again