muLinux v11r8 released

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 22:23:39 CET

Hello,

I released the single archive mulinux-11r8.tgz on Sunsite.Auc.Dk.
The only new feature, suggested by Winsor, aka Bob, is the
port-forwarding capability: a new setup called setup/portfw is
provided.

It is provvisory implemented with "redir", and not "ipportfw", because
the last requires a kernel compilation, and I have not time a this
moment to search the muLinux kernel sources.
Thanx to Bob, in providing this command for muLinux.

Using this new feature (only the first floppy disk is required),
incoming connections to port "x" are forwarded to another host "h",
at port "y".

Example: if the real http server in the LAN is 192.168.100, the
rules x,h,y is:

                80,192.168.100,80

I call that a "Ponzio Pilato" feature, if someone still remember
the name of the famous Giudea's procurator, in Palestina, used
to forward its lawsuits to some other (was it ... italian?).

This new feature is in the same wavelength with the MU symbol's
buddhistic nature: "nothing" exists actually a this level;
maybe at next level? :-)

Michele

P.S -- OffTopic chemically pure

Of course, I'm reading a booklet with Zen short stories. I'm able
to understand nothing, yet; but what I'm reading seems not so far
from greek philosophy such "nichilism", "sophism", etc.
I can summarizing what I'm learing now: it is impossible that A=B,
because neither A, neither B exists really. I like really this
kind of mathematical proof. They are at level of K.Godel or B.Russel.
What you think?

--
In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen