Re: mu[OT]

From: Bob Romprey (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 04:42:49 CET

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Over here on my side of the pond just the opposite is occuring.
There's thousands of old boards being scrapped.
You see in order to get a high speed connection (cable or DSL)
The service providers have imposed minimum system requirements*grumble*(here P-166 32Megs and windows95/98)
Anything less or other than and they will not do the install.....period
Recently I had a cable setup installed at a location and when the time to do the install came, the installers (two chimpanzees in a truck) refused to install the cable modem because the customer "only" had a P-100............

winsor