Re: mu[OT]

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 08:22:05 CET

> Over here on my side of the pond just the opposite is occuring.
> There's thousands of old boards being scrapped.
> You see in order to get a high speed connection (cable or DSL)
> The service providers have imposed minimum system requirements*grumble*(here P-166 32Megs and windows95/98)
> Anything less or other than and they will not do the install.....period
> Recently I had a cable setup installed at a location and when the time to do the install came, the installers (two chimpanzees in a truck) refused to install the cable modem because the customer "only" had a P-100............

that is what you get when you start using windoze, because every
time a new version comes yout it requires much more memory to
run (and leaves less for programs to run) and the CPU requirments
also go up. Have any of you seen the requiments of win2K? they
seems just silly, how want's to use 50% of his/hers computing
power to run the os?

Registered Linux user number 189403
Registered Linux machines 83873 & 83874

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430