Re: Sending mail from Mutt

From: Dave Houghton (mulinux@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 01:52:25 CET

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 11:05:50PM +0100, Henrik Grundberg wrote:
> > This is your SMTP server: it try to resolve your domain name and
> > the domainname "mulinux" does'nt esists. Try using mulinux.org, or
> > some other existing domain.
>
> Yes, that works... But the "From:" field will be strange.
> Your rustic sendmail is better in this regard, sending from
> Mutt is perhaps not that important.

Use

setup -f sendmail

and make sure that your full name and email address are correct and that smarthost points to your isp's smtp server. Don't forget

setup -s

to save any changes.

Now the trick !!

rm /root/.muttrc
setup -f mutt
setup -s

start mutt
alt c and select (m)

this creates and opens a NEW copy of /root/.muttrc in your editor
check that my_header is correct... From:(full_name) <email addr>
and the pop entries are o.k
Now you MUST save the file before exiting your editor otherwise mutt uses default entries.
Hopefully you should now be working.
It took me a while to figure this one out but now mutt send and receives o.k

--
Dave muLinux UK mirror