Re: [OT]Linux and ADSL?

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 20:39:15 CET

> You can hide a whole LAN behind *one* IP(=multiple PCs accessing the net). Works great!
> However, some server services from outside of the LAN will not work without major tweaking
> (eg running a ftp server).
> But all outgoing services work well with masquing.
> Hope this helps.

Ok, now I understand, and I have even seen a module for the kernel
that allows ftp access over ip-masquerading. Also If I have on Linux
box running (the router) and several M$ boxes connected to them,
the if I run a FTP it will be on the Linux box...

But thanks.
Registered Linux user number 189403
Registered Linux machines 83873 & 83874

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430