Re: [mu SETUP] Modem and Mouse problems

From: supdeplouc (supdeplouc@ifrance.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 18:25:13 CET

At 19:15 22/01/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>When installing Mulinux everything goes smoothly, the only problem right I
>have is setting up the serial ports/modem/mouse.
>When I look under Win98 i see the following:
>COM1: 03F8 IRQ4 (logitech mouse)
>COM2: 02F8 IRQ3 (nothing attached)
>COM3: 03E8 IRQ9 (PCI internal modem)
>
>Everytime when I start setup and want to configure "ports" and using the
>probe function Mulinux finds the modem and the mouse both on ttyS0 or ttyS1.
>I have tried a couple of things, but the funniest part is that the modem
>is only found on the port where the mouse is attached. No mouse no modem.
>So, I think the modem is my problem.
>Is anyone familiar with this?
>
>Any help is welcome.
>My computer is a P166MMX 32MB.
>
>Best regards, Peter Dijkstra

hello

I've also a P166MMX with a PCI card as modem (Olitec PCI 56K v2)
this is, as most of the PCI card modem, an "ugly" winmodem.
It's means that this card needs some windows ressources to work properly.
And so, even with a "standard" linux distribution, nothing works...
(there is a driver available for my olitec card, but only for RedHat6.2,
and i don't know if it works)
And i even had troubles with win NT4 :(

the only way is to buy a usual external modem...

maybe somebody knows another solution... ?

a bientôt
sup.

"Nothing we learn in this world is ever wasted."
--Eleanor Roosevelt