[mu SETUP] Modem and Mouse problems

From: Peter Dijkstra (peter@dykstra.getxs.nl)
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 19:15:29 CET

Dear all,

When installing Mulinux everything goes smoothly, the only problem right I have is setting up the serial ports/modem/mouse.
When I look under Win98 i see the following:
COM1: 03F8 IRQ4 (logitech mouse)
COM2: 02F8 IRQ3 (nothing attached)
COM3: 03E8 IRQ9 (PCI internal modem)

Everytime when I start setup and want to configure "ports" and using the probe function Mulinux finds the modem and the mouse both on ttyS0 or ttyS1.
I have tried a couple of things, but the funniest part is that the modem is only found on the port where the mouse is attached. No mouse no modem.
So, I think the modem is my problem.
Is anyone familiar with this?

Any help is welcome.
My computer is a P166MMX 32MB.