Re: Problems with Mulinux-9r5 - Can you help me? / 2 megs

From: Alfie Costa (agcosta@gis.net)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 07:40:23 CET

On 13 Jan 2001, at 18:47, Oliver Ballas <mulinux@sunsite.dk> wrote:

> How can I install mulinux on my [2 meg] laptop? Is it possible?

Mu runs on my 4 meg laptop, where for reasons unknown Linux only seems to see
2.9 megs. Therefore mu runs in 2.9 megs. This system is slow from frequent
disk reads; it needs to look at virtual memory quite often.

If anyone has gotten mu to run in only 2 megs, they've been quiet. Still, 'the
unknown' isn't necessarily the same thing as 'the impossible'.

Minix can run in 2 megs, but it's probably harder to configure than mu. Here's
a page of Minix links, if that helps:

http://www.disi.unige.it/person/DoderoG/minix/links.htm