Re: [mu BUG] LOOP cloning do not works

From: jeremy@visi.com
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 16:13:34 CET

On Sat, Nov 20, 1999 at 07:44:03PM +0000, Michele Andreoli wrote:

> Feel free. But I cannot understand very well the connection
> muLinux-security. Do you refer to the muLinux sniffit ... capability?

Well, since it's running from RAM, it cannot be permanently
cracked--particularly if it's booted off Read-only media. The simplest
way to resecure your system is by power-cycling.

Besides, Mulinux is the first single-floppy distribution I got
to work, so it's pretty damn idiot proof (if I can get it running,
ANYONE can get it running), and the four of us in Crimelabs are
all damn impressed with the shell-scripting in Mulinux.

Also, it reads NTFS, it does have sniffing capability, it can read
ext2fs, and all those goodies, so it can be used as an emergency
boot disk for cracked hosts. :)

Also, I'd love to raise the general awareness level of mulinux. It's
cool. More people should be playing with it.

Jeremy