Re: [mu BUG] LOOP cloning do not works

From: Michele Andreoli (quisque@tin.it)
Date: Sat Nov 20 1999 - 20:44:03 CET

On Sat, Nov 20, 1999 at 09:54:21AM -0600, jeremy@visi.com nicely wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 10:46:01PM +0000, Michele Andreoli wrote:
> > Kernel-hackers do a better work compared to mine, I hope:
> > I usually do not keep track of the thousand lines of
> > good-and-well-tested-C-code I remove, to make room
> > from by bugged one :-)
>
> Klocs (thousand Lines Of Code) are a bogus measure of
> productivity anyway--we used to pay a contract programmer
> by klocs

But, I think, *to downgrade* packages, as I did, is not matter of
contract & payment, but criminality :-)

> > I purchased today a little CD-burner. Now, a system working in RAM
> > with no active processes is a good approximation of a real-time
> > machine. I will do some experiment about a single floppy,
> > safe, stable, totally free CD-burner.
>
> Really? Really? Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

It's an HP CD-Writer+ M820, a nice device with PCMCIA and SCSI
interface. it works on Linux? Ah, saperlo! I think, no.
If someone has more info about it, please send me.

> I've been meaning to get a mulinux system cloned onto a little
> bit of filesystem, and then burn it onto a bootable CDROM...

The whole muLinux floppy can be converted in a "El Torrito"
segment

> Then I wouldn't have to worry about floppy failure :) Besides,
> at the upcoming RootFest 2k (computer security conference in
> Minneapolis, MN, USA), me and the other members of CrimeLabs
> (crimelabs.com isn't running yet, though) would like to
> give out/sell (for cost of duplication) MuLinux. We're thinking
> $2-$4 US per CD. We'd bundle a bunch of FAQs and security
> information with it, and probably see if we couldn't tweak
> MuLinux to be a bit more secure--just for this one run of CDs.
> Is that sort of thing acceptable?

Feel free. But I cannot understand very well the connection
muLinux-security. Do you refer to the muLinux sniffit ... capability?

"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
 Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen