Re: [mu BUG] LOOP cloning do not works

From: jeremy@visi.com
Date: Sat Nov 20 1999 - 16:54:21 CET

On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 10:46:01PM +0000, Michele Andreoli wrote:
> Kernel-hackers do a better work compared to mine, I hope:
> I usually do not keep track of the thousand lines of
> good-and-well-tested-C-code I remove, to make room
> from by bugged one :-)

Klocs (thousand Lines Of Code) are a bogus measure of
productivity anyway--we used to pay a contract programmer
by klocs, until we realized he was cutting-and-pasting
code (instead of making procedures and objects) in order
to make more money. That was when my employer stopped
measuring klocs...

> I purchased today a little CD-burner. Now, a system working in RAM
> with no active processes is a good approximation of a real-time
> machine. I will do some experiment about a single floppy,
> safe, stable, totally free CD-burner.

Really? Really? Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!
I've been meaning to get a mulinux system cloned onto a little
bit of filesystem, and then burn it onto a bootable CDROM...

Then I wouldn't have to worry about floppy failure :) Besides,
at the upcoming RootFest 2k (computer security conference in
Minneapolis, MN, USA), me and the other members of CrimeLabs
(crimelabs.com isn't running yet, though) would like to
give out/sell (for cost of duplication) MuLinux. We're thinking
$2-$4 US per CD. We'd bundle a bunch of FAQs and security
information with it, and probably see if we couldn't tweak
MuLinux to be a bit more secure--just for this one run of CDs.
Is that sort of thing acceptable?

Jeremy