[usb] EHCI (was: host controller transceiver?)

On Wednesday 09 January 2002 07:34, Amey Hegde wrote:
> have u finished the ehci?

I haven't even started. Sorry. I am still in the "evaluate all options"
phase for this project while I finish some previous ones.

> How much LCs does it take of virtex2?

My idea was not to implement the EHCI but move most of the
functionality to software. I don't get to reuse drivers, so
compatibility isn't a major issue for me.

But the Virtex 2 probably helps a lot in implementing the EHCI due to
its compact state machines using block RAMs. Following all the complex
data structures in memory requires nearly a simple CPU. Fortunately,
you don't need math more complex than increment/decrement.

-- Jecel