Re: [ethmac] specification for eth MAC

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Kent Dahlgren wrote:

> In any case I don't really care much which one is chosen, let's just pick
> one and
> get on with it. There are several commercially available devices which have
> well
> documented interfaces.
>
> Does anyone else have any preferences?
>
> Kent

My preferences for Eth MAC 10/100 Mbps :
- symmetrical format receive and transmit descriptors
- separates FIFO for transmit and receive (what is its size for optimal
  performance ?)
- supports full duplex and half duplex for both 10 and 100 Mbps operations
- supports auto-negotiation

My questions :
- actually, do we need multicast addrees filtering