Re: [oc] Language

VHDL is loosely based off ADA.  I've never written any ADA, but I have
played with a little PL/SQL which is also based off ADA.  It's hauntingly
odd when a database language looks like an HDL.  I think VHDL is mid-80's.

Verilog isn't very old and is based off of C.  It's only recently become
widely used.  In my opinion verilog looks nice but does some pretty freaky
unpredictible stuff.  Maybe it's just the synthesizer, but I've seen it
genenerate some pretty different logic from code that should have the same
exact functionality.

    if a
        do b
    else
        do c

vs
    if !a
        do c
    else
        do b

these really should generate the same logic... I remember having some
problems with it using Verilog.

VHDL is more confusing... but better

that's my $0.02 on the matter
-Ryan