Re: Re: [oc] RS-232 <-> PS/2

====
is there any adapter for RS-232 <-> PS/2 ??
----

that doesn't sound like a standard item...

====
We would like to address rs-232 port on first computer and then send the signal to PS/2-keyboard port of the second computer.  What would we put on the COM port of first computer should get to the screen (Notepad, word,..) of the second computer.
----

so you want to emmulate the keyboard of a computer from a serial port....

well, i don't know if i'm telling you anything you don't know, but you should start by looking up some information on programming the rs232 port, as well as the keyboard-computer interface.

then i would draw some waveforms for a few pertinent signals that the keyboard might send to a computer.. a few letters, maybe a few control key combinations, etc.

then, figure out of you can make the port do what you want--voltage levels, number of wires, etc.

-=[ kevin neff ]=-

===
on the schedule attached to dr. sharma's door, carefully marked on the column that corresponds to the day before homework is due--where office hours could've been...

  delta(t) * sharma(t)