[oc]:Help on Backend Verification

Hi PeeKay,

Thanks for giving me some direction. I have never
wrote any C but i do understand the logic when i see
one. I am more of an assembly and C++ person. There
are not many Verilog classes to attend here, except
for some training classes on Synopsys tools conducted
by the company that sells us Synopsys. ( and i have
yet to attend one ) What i think i need now is to know
the general flow of IC design. what file is this, when
was it generated and what should be done on every
stages.

I made a mistake of taking too long to study all the
verilog codes and until now, i still don't quite
understand how certain portion goes. The documentation
is little and many variables unexplained. ( And it was
wrote by more than 4 person )

Let keep things short.

The company that is suppose to do the layout and
masking later on return three files,

'  *.v, *.sdf_data, *.str  '

I read the *.v file into design_analyzer and all i see
is gate level schmatics. Then i tried to read
*.sdf_data but the following errors occurs -

design_analyzer>......
Error in SDF File /direct/file.sdf_data Line 9: syntax
error at or near token 'TIMESCALE'

The reason i did that is because some colleague says
that perhaps i could open up the schematics and
compare the internal connection and then link it to
the test bench. Is this the correct way?

You have mention that all I need is to change the
modules that the previous test bench refers to. I will
do that ( changing the include files ) and test it
again. But what i heard from others is that i really
need to search for all the equivalent probe inside the
new netlist. It doesn't make sense for the test bench
to read from a non existent node.

What should i do from here?
1. Write a new test bench, but this time treat the
controller as a black box and only probe for the pins
that are coming out of the controller, but that
wouldn't be thorough.
2. Search for the equivalent name of the same node.
say
       eeprom_data to .A2(NET1234)
- how to do that?

Hopefully, PeeKay or anyone could give me direction
and the usual practice. Time may be short, but i would
rather spend some time verifying it than to simply do
it.

Thanks.

Rgds,

Pang