Re: soundcard auto-probe

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 14:06:50 CET

    On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:08:34PM +0200, Daniel Butzu nicely wrote:

    > Thanks; will it work with mulinux?
    >
    > daniel
    >

    > > You can try knoppix (http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/).
    > > It has a great hardwaredetection.

    As far I know, Knoppix runs a 2.4.x kernel, KDE-3 etc. It is a
    modern linux that boots from the CD.

    Nothing to compare with muLinux, a collection of
    self-made scripts running a lot of jurassik commands and libraries.

    So, the answer is: nothing of it will works in muLinux, in the same
    way that nothing of WinXP runs on Windows 3.11, and (almost) nothing of
    Mandrake 9.1 will runs on Redhat 4.2.

    Anyway, the capacity of boot from a CD is not so impressive, as
    the Knoppix site would transmit to the reader. Even the little mu boots
    from a CD, since the last century, with Netscape 3, KDE1.x and
    an ancestral OpenOffice :-)

    "Physics is like sex: it may give some practical
    results, but that's not why we do it"  (Richard Feynman)