Re: soundcard auto-probe

From: Werner Flügel (wfluegel@fh-lausitz.de)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 14:38:56 CET

    Michele Andreoli schrieb:

    [Knoppix/mulinux]

    > As far I know, Knoppix runs a 2.4.x kernel, KDE-3 etc. It is a
    > modern linux that boots from the CD.

    correct...

    > Nothing to compare with muLinux, a collection of
    > self-made scripts running a lot of jurassik commands and libraries.

    but nevertheless a good work :-)

    > So, the answer is: nothing of it will works in muLinux, in the same
    > way that nothing of WinXP runs on Windows 3.11, and (almost) nothing of
    > Mandrake 9.1 will runs on Redhat 4.2.

    Sure, but he had asked for a _script_ to configure his soundcard, so
    maybe he could learn from knoppix, how to do that.

    > Anyway, the capacity of boot from a CD is not so impressive, as
    > the Knoppix site would transmit to the reader. Even the little mu boots
    > from a CD, since the last century, with Netscape 3, KDE1.x and
    > an ancestral OpenOffice :-)

    Not the booting from CD is impressive, but the hardwaredetection. I'm
    in doubt if mulinux can compete with knoppix in this question ;-)

    greetings

    Werner

    (remark for me: dig out my mulinux-box again... )