Re: soundcard auto-probe

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 13:44:07 CET

    On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 12:15:40PM +0200, Daniel Butzu nicely wrote:

    > The script I`m thinking of should
    > pick an IRQ, an I/O and an DMA and try that
    > combination, and then another and another,
    > but doing this untill all the combinations
    > are tried.

    The mu's setup does exactly that, but for the SB
    module, the only supported.

    The meccanism is that: the sb.o module have the IRQ
    cabled statically in it. The script patch the sb.o binary,
    chanching this value on the fly.

    "Physics is like sex: it may give some practical
    results, but that's not why we do it"  (Richard Feynman)