soundcard auto-probe

From: Daniel Butzu (solstitium@linuxmail.org)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 11:15:40 CET

    Hi :)
    This is rather a theoretical question,
    but it comes from necessity, however.
    I was wondering if there is possible
    to write a script which tries to
    configure the soundcard trying all
    the possible combinations of IRQ`s,
    I/O`s and DMA`s.
    I`m asking this because I`ve been trying
    to configure my soundcard for about two
    days continuously without any visible
    result. The script I`m thinking of should
    pick an IRQ, an I/O and an DMA and try that
    combination, and then another and another,
    but doing this untill all the combinations
    are tried. What should this script look
    like and where should it be located?
    Thank you for reading this...

    Btw, my soundcard is Crystal CS4235 ISA...
    should I try to configure ISAPNP first? how?...

    daniel