Re: IP in the Windows registry

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 20:44:52 CET

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 05:35:02PM -0000, Dave Houghton nicely wrote:
> 22/11/2002 17:24:14, Dave Houghton <mulinux@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >I've still got the passwd dll problem and thus no sshd login but I think I've solved that if I can get the
> >netapi32.dll source. It would appear that the NetApiBufferFree function was not compiled into the dll.

After a little exploration in Internet, I found many post about this
problem. The solution posted is "passwd do not works in win98. Upgrade to NT"

I found that:

        win98/me uses command.com
        winxp users cmd.exe

I now use this discrimination in order to disable passwd in win98.

But still I have no way to set the password for win98.
My attempt now is to compile a short passwd.c under cygwin, in order
to update /etc/passwd correctly.

On the other hand, I only wish to have an sshd working!

"Physics is like sex: it may give some practical
results, but that's not why we do it"  (Richard Feynman)