Re: IP in the Windows registry

From: Dave Houghton (mulinux@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 18:35:02 CET

22/11/2002 17:24:14, Dave Houghton <mulinux@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>I've still got the passwd dll problem and thus no sshd login but I think I've solved that if I can get the
>netapi32.dll source. It would appear that the NetApiBufferFree function was not compiled into the dll.
>This won't matter for XP as it obviously works for you, but is required for 9x/me.

I should have said that this info was obtained from an older version of cygwin docs and may not be
applicable to the current version. It may be that the netapi.dll have been optimised for NT/2000/XP style
user and password configuration as these are broadly simillar to the emulated UNIX format. As 98/ME
doesn't support user mode file shareing only directory mode, I fear that passwd.exe as well as mkpasswd
will never work under these versions of windows.

Dave