Re: Experimenting with Windows Installers

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 22:26:26 CET

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 08:17:08PM +0000, Dave Houghton nicely wrote:

> >3) the password is correct?
> >
> I exported the pub keys to the remote server and was able to login
> without any password so I assume that the key authentification was
> successfull.
> I didn't try without exporting the keys so I can't say if ssh would fall
> back to username/password authentification without the correct keys in
> the remote server key database. I'll try that tommorrow when I 'm in
> work as I don't have windows set up at home

Thank you. Try also to use the command "login", supplying the
password.
In this way we can verify is the Windows password had been
fetched.

I'm adding some new command from CygWin: wget and curl. Both very
powerfull tool, able to create network connection.

What I plan is:

1) a muLinux Windows Installer/Unistaller (mulinux-setup.exe)
2) a network muLinux installer (mulinux-netinstall.exe)

using the base system You just tested.

This not because we cannot live without muLinux :-) but because
I like to experiment in the Windows side.

"Physics is like sex: it may give some practical
results, but that's not why we do it"  (Richard Feynman)