Experimenting with Windows Installers

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 15:07:38 CET

I created a little package, based on the NullSoft Windows installer and
the Cgywin system (Unix environment for Windows) (only 2.4M)

My scope was to have sshd and ssh on my Windows XP, without install
the whole Cgywin system.

I can now do recursive secure copy (scp) from my Linux and and my notebook.

But main scope was to give the package to a friend of mine, who runs
only Windows in its machine. Giving the Rustinc-Shell package to him,
I will can download the incredible collection of [censured] songs that stay
unused in its hard-disk, in Sardinia.

It works very well: user and password are the same for the windows
user that installed it.

The link is here.

                http://mulinux.synsite.dk/mulinux/other.html

Since this is my first program that uses a true Windows installer, I'm
strongly interessed in comments, if You install it.

Maybe, inspecting it, someone in the list will create a muLinux
installer.exe :-)

Thank you!

"Physics is like sex: it may give some practical
results, but that's not why we do it"  (Richard Feynman)