Re: [Req #1045] Virus on the muLinux mailing list

From: cglur@onwe.co.za
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 09:30:27 CEST

Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:
> what about the following: Allow all messages which are either having
> top level Content-Type=3Dtext/plain or Content-Type=3Dmultipart/alternative
> while containing a text/plain part in their multipart section?
>
> By doing so we could receive all mails that are either just plain text
> _or_ are a combination of plain and html text - and there are _lots_
> of mails of the 2nd type.
>
> Would that be possible?

Yes, and there are _lots_ of viri and spam mails.
This is not about 'majority vote' driven by the masses of lowest common
denominator.

What are your good reason(s) to post html text ?

-- Chris Glur.

* no html
* no attatchments
* no top posting
* no 'line wrap expectation'

Resist the M$, Macdonald, Disney: 'dumbing down mentality' !