Re: [Req #1045] Virus on the muLinux mailing list

From: Lars Chr. Hausmann (jazz@sunsite.dk)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 10:44:33 CEST

>>>>> "Michele" == Michele Andreoli <m.andreoli@tin.it> writes:

 Michele> Hello,

Hello,

 Michele> I'm the mantainer of the muLinux project, hosted at
 Michele> Sunsite.Auc.Dk. The mailinglist is under heavy attack from
 Michele> spammer and viral terrorists. Emails with WIN32 virus
 Michele> receive further autoreply from the client' virus-scanners,
 Michele> so we will get continously trash.

Yes - we've seen other similar problems.

 Michele> It is possible simply to refuse emails with attachments in this
 Michele> mailing list? Pure text format would be the best.

That is tricky. However we can enforce that the posts _has_ to to be
in text/plain format. This might lead to others getting
bitten. This will make sure that only mail with content-type:
text/plain will get through to the list ?

/LCH

--
SunSITE.dk Staff
http://SunSITE.dk