QT embedded floppy disk demo

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 15:01:50 CEST

Does someone tried this? Very impressive, believe me!
This incredible work is from www.trolltech.com, Oslo, Norway.

If someone tried in the past the QNX floppy demo, the QT floppy looks
similar. A linux kernel with framebuffer enabled for VESA-vga and
a microscopical windows system in a single floppy disk (I think this
is a porting of Qtopia for the PalmPilot).

Think that, You, Microsoft user: a floppy disk based on linux
that in 10s shows you alot of windows, menus, scrollbars, animations, etc!

I downloaded the QT/Embedded development system and just I must
say: it works great. I quickly compiled for x86 and strong-arm iPAQ
with the action of a finger.
TrollTech created a great product, free for not commercial use.

I'm such stunned that I'm thinking: why to not develope a microsystem
from scratch, only in order to learn the Qt API model? (the dream ...)

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous