Re: [mu TECH] Trouble with AST Notebook

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 20:12:17 CEST

> I suppose it's something related to power management, but i've disabled everything
> about it in the internal BIOS or maybe there's something wrong with USMDOS ?!?

You should download the kernel version with apm compiled into it
from the mu site, you will lose the pc-speaker module, as I didnät
have it at hand when compiling the kernel. If I recall correctly I
compiled just about every possible solution for buggu apm bioses
to that kernel, as my old Thinkpad 380e (486, 24mb mem, 800mb
hd) had some issues with the orginal mu kernel.

As for replacing the kernel, if you boot mu from msdos with
boot.bat just replace the kernel in the same directory as boot.bat,
but if you use lilo then you will need to modify lilo.conf and then run
lilo as root.

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430