Re: Spam

From: Alfie Costa (agcosta@gis.net)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 07:51:32 CET

Lately I've been getting as many as 10 spam a day. I'd assumed it was from,
(in part), my address being on the web-based archives of this list. The fact
that the list itself has received random spam implies that various spammer
mailing list searching 'bots have discovered us. Are they subscribed to this
list now? "Hello, spambots." If so, the rest of the trouble follows from
there.

If evil software, (mailing list sniffers, etc.), has caused the problem, then
maybe heroic software can combat it. I haven't looked around to see what has
been done, but can imagine various helpful programs.