Re: Running mulinux on a 486

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 09:32:07 CEST

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 10:19:59PM -0700, Paul Midgley nicely wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have created the mulinux disc and a number of the addon discs and then
> successfully run them on a Pentium machine. When I tried running another set
> of discs on a 486 machine I get errors. I have created the boot disc on both
> the Pentium machine and on the 486 machine, but I cannot get them to run. A
> CRC error comes up when I try running the discs created on the 486 machine.
>
> Can you help, since I cannot understand what is causing this.

Problem with floppy-disk format?

> I would like to clone the discs onto the hard drive of the 486 machine, but
> I cannot get past the first disc.

If you still have Windows on the 486, you can transport in it the c:\linux
(zipped) from your Pentium.
Pkzip allow you to split a large archive over a set of normal floppy disk.

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous