Running mulinux on a 486

From: Paul Midgley (paulmidgley@freeuk.com)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 07:19:59 CEST

Hello

I have created the mulinux disc and a number of the addon discs and then
successfully run them on a Pentium machine. When I tried running another set
of discs on a 486 machine I get errors. I have created the boot disc on both
the Pentium machine and on the 486 machine, but I cannot get them to run. A
CRC error comes up when I try running the discs created on the 486 machine.

Can you help, since I cannot understand what is causing this.

I would like to clone the discs onto the hard drive of the 486 machine, but
I cannot get past the first disc.

The machine only has 8 meg of memory with a 2 meg video card and a VGA
screen.

By the way when I run mulinux on my Pentium machine, I think the
distribution is great, with all the features I need for running on the 486
machine, that is why I am keen to install it.

Regards

Paul