Re: [Off topic] linux-friendly isps

From: Stephen Isard (S.IsardDeleteThis@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 15:42:36 CEST

Alfred Breull wrote:
> A friend of mine pays USD 19.95 per month at attglobal.net.

Thanks, Alfred. I'll look into them. Can I take it that your friend
uses linux?

> He wrote
> that he never reached any minimum, although he receives about hundred
> emails per day.

As I said, I'm expecting much less use than that - probably some months
with no use at all - so a lower minimum usage with a lower price would
be satisfactory.

> So, your mother may surf the web and receive birthday or
> X-mas greetings from all her children, possible grand-children, friends
> and neighbours ... :)

Yes, she could, but I don't think she will want to try. She is happy
with telephone and postal mail. It's just the visitors who feel
helpless without net access.

Best regards,

Stephen Isard