Re: [Off topic] linux-friendly isps

From: Alfred Breull (puma@hannover.sgh-net.de)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:49:11 CEST

At 16:26 28.09.01 +0100, you wrote:
[snip]
>the plan also
>requires setting up an account with an ISP that we can dial from her
>house, and I don't know anything about ISPs in the US. I just want to
>make a basic ppp connection, and don't need webspace or email addresses.
>Reliability is important, of course, but since we will make only
>occasional use of the service, there seems no point in paying a lot for
>unlimited access.
>
>Can anyone recommend an ISP offering the kind of service I am looking
>for?

A friend of mine pays USD 19.95 per month at attglobal.net. He wrote
that he never reached any minimum, although he receives about hundred
emails per day. Also, AFAIK, local phone calls are free in most places
in the US. So, your mother may surf the web and receive birthday or
X-mas greetings from all her children, possible grand-children, friends
and neighbours ... :)