Re: Protect your own

From: The Raven (raven_lists@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 18:19:40 CEST

The first thign i have agreed with that our president has said is that this
is an act of war. All our country has ever done to those people was to try
and keep them from killing each other. Maybe things would be best if America
withdrew into its own borders and quit propping up all those little
countries who have very little importance in the grand scheme of things.
Maybe we should let them exterminate each other. The opinion of alot of
Americans were that those people ceased to be innocent when they took to the
streets to celebrate the attack on my country. Quite honestly, if there is
no one left to strike back after we have responded to these attacks, there
will be no more attacks on America. But all of it is a mute point because
none of us can change anything. What will be, will be. Quite honestly
America was becoming too soft, because the current generation of people have
never had to deal with war or a continuing threat to american security.
There hasnt been a Soviet Union which might have nuked us at anytime, there
has been no Vietnam, no Korea, no World War II.....We were just plodding
merrily along thinking no one was gonna take advantage of our false beleif
of security in the world. Me personally, I think tougher immigration laws
would help alot, tougher international travel restrictions. But instead, we
are gonna get a CIA that can monitor all our internet transactions at will,
and it will not be an invasion of privacy under the new laws. Former
president Bush made this clear that this was his aim this morning on
television. But then our government has been looking for an excuse to big
brother us on the net for a long long time now, and they are just using this
tragedy as a means to their end. Quite honestly I think Europe or Canada is
gonna be the best place in the world to live soon. The fact is, nothing most
of us say or do will ever matter, because in every country there are hidden
agendas and secret friendships that must eb preserved by those in power,
simply because it is in THEIR best interest to do so. Most likely what will
happen is, three years form now America will still be diplomatically asking
for whomever is responsible to be returned to the U.S. to be "punished" as
our president says. Punished in America...I guess he'd get 3 to 5 and be
eligible for parole in 8 months, especially after his lawyer pleads
temporary insanity for him....

Eli