Re: muLinux translations

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 23:30:30 CEST

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 01:39:50PM -0300, Renato nicely wrote:
> Some comments while I translate language db to portuguese:
>
> Convert password to uppercase(y/n)?
> Convertire le password in minuscolo? (y/n)
>
> Why this different point of view?
> I suppose it is because italians are greater than americans. Are you?

Gasp! An interesting freudian failure ...

> ------------------
>
> Che cosa e' "Come biasimarti?!"

A joke. You can translate how you like. This is the string that
Setup emits when user select "n". "come biasimarti?" means, more or
less, "why do not agree with you?"

> ------------------
>
> NETMASK - Enter your subnet mask bit value here.
> If your subnet is 255.255.0.0 this value should be 16;
> if it is 255.255.255.0 this value should be 24 etc
>
> The 2 definitions do not seem to be the same. I prefer the italian version. But If I had to understand the fractured english, I would never know what to do with those 16s and 24s.
> It seems to be the sum of ones in the binary netmask number.

Sometimes, tired, I simplified the translation. You have also the change
to be fantasiousus :-)

> Salute, amico MIchele.

Ciao!

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous