Re: Custión MP3

From: Peter Andersen (peter@young-andersen.dk)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 22:53:14 CEST

MAT CONST AIRADO MASEDA wrote:

> HELLO. IS ABLE MULINUX WITH A MICRO i486DX + 12 MB RAM, DESCOMPRIMIR
> FICHEROS MP3?BECAUSE windows NEEDS A ˇˇ PENTIUM! .WHICH IS it THE BEST
> UTILITY TO USE MP3 OF ALL THE OF MULINUX! GREETINGS TO EVERYONE. Juan
> Airado.

If i'm not wrong, then mulinux use "mpg123" to play / decompress MP3
files.
If you would liek to here them in realtime then a 486dx/100 Mhz is
minimum. Correct me if i'm wrong.
I'm using a 233 Mhz cyrix lowpower for my car and a Palm as interface.
I have try Xaudio, Cajun, Xmpg and some other, but find out that mpg123
used less CPU-power.

/Peter Andersen