Re: installing x11

From: Florian Becker (ohneschuh@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 18:56:47 CET

Hello Patrice,

I ve had the same problem (or nearly the same: I wanted create the X11-disk) and I got the following sollution.

I think this solution should fit with your problem, too.

Florian

>> Hello all together,
>> I have this problem:
>> I want to build the x11-addon disk under linux but it doesn t work.
>> I ve done following things:
>> - extrakt mulinux-file in one folder (/tmp/mulinx
>> - then under root: ./mu -i
>> - installation window came and I choiced x
>> - insert a floppy and press okay
>> - the answer of my computer was:
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> superformat: please wait
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> ./mu -i: /tmp/mulinux/fdformat: file or folder not found
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> copy x11 ....
>> - after this nothing happens any more
>> Does someone know an answer for this problem?

Jep. That means I don't know WHY but I know how to solve...

I can only think of not finding some libraries (maybe libc5??)...

But how to solve.

Most linux systems (debian, suse, mandrake...) have it's own fdformat
so just delete fdformat and make a softlink eg.
    ln -s /usr/bin/fdformat fdformat
And that'll do it.

PS: Do that for bzip2 also. May not be working if you want to extract
the mulinux files with " ./mu -u "

Ciao Jocehn